What do I do if an already registered trademark is identical or suspiciously similar to my mark?

24 October, 2018

In the U.S., trademark owners have the right to challenge the recent registration of an identical or suspiciously similar mark that may cause damage to their own rights. If it’s within five (5) years of the registration date, you may file a Petition to Cancel with the USPTO. Trademark cancellation is the legal process of removing a registered trademark from the books. Your Petition to Cancel will be argued before the the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (or in some cases, in federal court).