Effective: October 4, 2018
This Privacy Notice describes how Trademark.com (“Trademark.com”, “we”, “us” and “our”) collects, uses, shares, secures, and eventually disposes of (collectively “processes”) your personal data. Personal data is any information that does, or could, identify you. Your rights over your personal data are set out in Section 9 of this Notice – Your Rights and Choices.
Trademark.com is a service provided by CompuMark, a division of Clarivate Analytics. This Notice covers personal data collected about you through your use of the Trademark.com service.
2. Changes to this notice
We will update this Notice from time to time, and will communicate material changes to you before they become effective by the best means available to us (for example, e-mail or via a prominent notice on Trademark.com).
3. Personal Data Collected
We obtain your personal data in two ways:
- Data that you provide to us:We collect personal data directly from you, for example, your name and contact details, your payment card information, and information about trademarks you own or are researching.If you seek help with service or technical issues with Trademark.com, you may share personal data with us, including about the devices you use to access the service such as their operating system and installed programs.
- Data that we collect via standard online technologies:Like most websites and web-based services, Trademark.com uses standard technologies, like cookies and web server logs, to collect information about our visitors and end-users. You can read more about our use of these technologies in the Clarivate Analytics Cookie Notice.
4. Purposes of processing
We process personal data for the purposes listed below.
Customer and product administration
Personalized product functionality
We use your personal data to deliver personalized functionality in our service, such as maintaining your Shopping Cart and sending you tailored messages based on your usage of the service.
We analyze service usage data to inform our product enhancement process, for example by understanding which features are most useful to our users. Your product usage information is usually aggregated or “pseudonymized” (delinked from you as an individual).
We will send you marketing messages for Clarivate products that may interest you. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time – all Clarivate marketing e-mails contain an “unsubscribe” link. If you have questions regarding our use of your information for marketing purposes, please contact the Clarivate Marketing Team. We will not disclose your contact information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
5. Recipients of the data
Your personal data will be disclosed to different individuals and organizations:
- Clarivate employees and contractors whose roles require access to your data. These personnel are bound to confidentiality terms which cover their obligations to protect personal data.
- com suppliers who process personal data on our behalf and according to our instructions (“processors”); for example, marketing services, Cloud computing, and web analytics providers. Such vendors are contractually bound to protect your data to the same standard as set out in this Notice.
- Your data may be transferred to a third party as a result of any merger, acquisition, or similar event involving Trademark.com.
- We will disclose your personal data when required to by law.
6. Data security
Trademark.com maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal data from accidental loss and unauthorized access or use. These measures include encryption, firewalls, roles-based data access, intrusion-detection software, physical access controls to data centers, and adherence to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or unauthorized acquisition of your data will never occur.
7. Data retention
We store your personal data throughout the period of your registration with us, and retain it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to solve disputes. For more information on how long we store your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. International transfer
Trademark.com is a global business, and your personal data will be transferred to countries with different privacy and data protection laws than your own, including to countries, such as the United States, that the European Commission considers not to have adequate data protection laws.
We protect our transfers from the European Economic Area with legal safeguards that include: (1) the existence of a European Commission adequacy decision (covering, for example, transfers to Canada or Switzerland); (2) Clarivate’s Intra-Group Agreement incorporating Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission; (3) Standard Contractual Clauses and other contract terms executed between Clarivate and a third-party data processor; (4) a third-party processor’s certification under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
9. Your rights and choices
You may at any time ask for access to the data that we hold about you, and request its correction or erasure, or that we cease to process it (see Section 10 of this Notice — Contact Us). For further information on European data protection rights, including your right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority, visit our European Data Protection Rights page.
10. Contact us
30 Thomson Place
Boston, MA 02210